During the difficult year of 2020 as well as this year, IHM and the many villages we were able to deliver clean water to iin sipte of all the obstacles. We were able to bring clean water to 20 villages including Nigeria, Uganda and Ghana Africa over 40,000 villagers were able to finally have clean water to drink right in their communities. Saving lives and eliminating countless hours of fetching water is our goal! We also provided food distribution during the pandemic to over 15000 families.
We are very grateful to our donors for the ability to do this life saving work!
Much more needs to be done and hundreds of millions of people worldwide still suffer and die everyday from drinking contaminated water! (see picture of village of Odumase before and after pictures of the difficulty getting water).
- We've instituted tutoring programs for junior high school students to help them advance to higher grades of education.
- We support and help sustain the Father Dogli Memorial Trade School (FDMTS) in New Ayoma, offering educational programs in farming, construction, office skills and computer sciences.
- We've aided the Adekyee grammar school in the Jasikan district of Ghana with much needed supplies and a school bus. We also raised funds for a water pump for the school which is now operational.
- We're making plans for mentoring and education sponsorship programs for children whose families cannot afford to give them an education, and help children who work to continue their education.
- We support communities in attaining access to clean water and sustainable food supplies.
- We have added food distribution to those in need.
- We are helping individuals with both medical issues and entrepreneurship dreams.
Above are some photos of Ghana, taken while one of our Board members was there. The image on the left shows some of the living conditions in Nkoranza; on the right, how villagers from just outside of Berekum got water for cooking, bathing, cleaning and drinking.
Here is a link to a village called Ndasamin where we finished a bore hole. This video was taken before the drilling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGHqylJpp0
Below are photos of an emergency relief effort IHM did in Blekusu. The people of the village, about 600 adults and children, were displaced by a massive flood, and for a few weeks they had to live on the side of the road, or at the school, with no food. With Fr. Patrick Asamoah's help, we were able to distribute enough food and supplies to carry them through until they were able to return home or find another place to live.